The position of Community Engagement Specialist will be responsible for providing culturally competent outreach and education programming to the LGBT POC communities, which will increase the number of program participants receiving comprehensive moral support, advocacy, and HIV, STI, and Hepatitis C prevention services and reduce community stigmas and barriers, and promote positive sexual health to achieve the outcome of reduced new infections and suppressed viral counts in Fulton, Montgomery, Albany, Schenectady, and Rensselaer Counties.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of In Our Own Voices
- Provides face-to-face, online and outreach in underserved areas and venues accessed by the targeted community for the purpose of the program promotion and enrollment.
- Develop and maintain an active, consistent outreach plan that provides culturally-specific outreach and education programming to the LGBT POC communities,
- Educate the community on PeP and PreP treatment for prevention of HIV
- Provide education programming to the target community and organizations that reach the target population, including youth, women who have sex with women (WSW) communities.
- Identify HIV,STI/Hep C testing sites and activities by developing partnerships with service providers
- Participate in the planning and outreach of all IOOV events and projects.
- Ensure all accomplished activities of the position are entered into appropriate databases, including a monthly AIRS extract.
- Submit documentation and reports in compliance with project requirements, as well as provide monthly reports and submit monthly articles for the newsletter ·
- Ensure confidentiality law requirements are incorporated into all aspects of programming.
- Minimum of three-year human services experience; outreach, education, or case management experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish)plus and preferred
- Comfort in going to public sites and events (bars, local colleges, beauty salons, barbershops)
- Persons who are bilingual and multicultural identifying with the LGBTQ, Latin@, or African American community are strongly encouraged to apply.
MUST have a Driver License and Car
Job Type: Full-time